Parents and Families
The VDOE TTAC at GMU recognizes that families play a vital role in the academic progress and success of students with disabilities. The TTAC supports them through information dissemination and links to other resources and organizations that work with families. In addition, the TTAC partners with family organizations to help them meet the needs of families and students.
TTAC resources that can be accessed by parents and families:
- TTAC Monthly News Brief: Ready, Set, Go, provides information and resources via email focusing on educational issues related to students with disabilities.
- TTAC Online, is a web-based community linking people and resources to help children and youth with disabilities. TTAC Online is available to teachers, parents and professionals.
- Lending resources of the Kellar Library, where TTAC houses books, videos, and other materials specifically related to students and individuals with disabilities.
VDOE web site links:
Organizations in Virginia for Parents and Families:
- Center for Family Involvement
- Parent Resource Centers
- Partnership for People with Disabilities
Summer Camp Programs
It is time to find the perfect summer camp! These lists contain camp programs that are designed for or may be accessible to children and youth with disabilities.
- Alexandria PTA Council Summer Camp Directory
- Arlington Summer Camps online directory
- Fairfax County Therapeutic Recreation Services summer activities
- Fairfax County Public Schools Special Needs Summer Camp Guide
- Loudoun County Adapted Recreation Camps
- Prince William County Summer Camp listing
- Washington Parent Summer Camp Guide