Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) "Traumatic brain injury" means an acquired injury to the brain caused by an external physical force, resulting in total or partial functional disability or psychosocial impairment, or both, that adversely affects a child's educational performance. TTAC Region 4 makes resources available for all TBI Teams in School Division in Region 4 and throughout the Commonwealth.
TBI Resources available on TTAC Online (Type Brain Injury in the "Search within results" box and click "Search" or choose "Traumatic Brain Injury" under the "Disability Area" and click "Search")
- Brain Injury App Available on iTunes (available for iPhone and iPad) and Google Play
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia (BIAV)
- Brain Injury Services (BIS INC) (Northern Virginia)
- BrainLine.org: Preventing, Treating and Living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- CDC's HEADS UP: Brain Injury Basics
- 10 Things You Should Know About Behavior and Brain Injury
Clare Talbert, M.Ed.